Viridian Bilberry with Eyebright (Vaccinium myrtillus / Euphrasia Officinalis)
Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus)
- EYE PROTECTOR – Bilberry extracts are rich in a flavonoid known as anthocyanoside, which exerts potent effects primarily through improving blood flow and the delivery of oxygen to the eye. The potent antioxidant effects of Bilberry also protect the eyes from free-radical damage, the causative factor involved in the development of cataracts and macular degeneration. The collagen protecting effects of bilberry also play a significant role in prevention and treatment of glaucoma.
- CIRCULATORY TONIC – Clinical studies have shown good results in the treatment of various circulatory problems through reduced capillary fragility, improving collagen stability, and restoring connective tissue that surround the veins. Reduction in platelet aggregation has also been noted in those using bilberry extracts. This offers benefits in reducing the risk of atherosclerosis and clot formation.
- BLOOD SUGAR LOWERING – The anthocyanoside myrtillin, found in bilberry, exerts hypoglycaemic effects with even a single dose exerting beneficial effects lasting several weeks.
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY – Anthocyanosides and other flavonoid compounds found in bilberry prevent the release of inflammatory chemicals such as leukotrienes, histamine and prostaglandins.
Eyebright (Euphrasia Officinalis)
- EYE TONIC – eyebright exerts broad protective effects on eye health including; styes, eye fatigue symptoms, sensitivity to light, weeping, stinging, and functional eye disorders of muscular and nervous origin. In folk medicine eyebright is used for blepharitis (inflammation of the eyelid) and conjunctivitis, and for inflammation of the mouth and throat
- ANTI-CATARRHAL – eyebright is an excellent remedy for the problems of mucus membranes. Being astringent and anti-inflammatory it is useful for many conditions and may be used systemically for watery catarrhal conditions of nose, sinus and middle ear.
Viridian Bilberry with Eyebright
Directions: As a food supplement, take one capsule daily with water at mealtimes or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Dosage - One to three capsules daily.
Potential applications - Eye disorders, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, cataract, glaucoma, poor vision, light adaptation, sinusitis, catarrh, elevated cholesterol or triglycerides, gastric ulcer, varicose veins, capillary fragility.
Known contraindications - None noted
Interactions - None noted
Useful links - Eye Health – beta carotene complex, antioxidants, vitamin E, pycnogenol/grape seed extract, zinc complex, EFAs. Catarrh – oregon grape root, elderberry, garlic, pycnogenol/grape seed extract.
Note: Since the middle ages, Eyebright has been a popular herbal eyewash. In Milton's epic poem "Paradise Lost," the archangel Michael uses Eyebright to restore the health of Adam's eyes. However, eyebright is only suitable for use as an eyewash when it is available as a stand-alone herb.
Ingredients: one vegetarian capsule provides:
Bilberry extract 4:1 - 175mg
Organic Eyebright powder - 150mg
Organic Bilberry fruit powder - 50mg
Standardised bilberry berry extract (25% anthocyanosides) - 25mg
Viridian bilberry extract, organic alfalfa, organic spirulina blend - 50mg
Vegetarian cellulose capsule - 100mg
Viridian Bilberry with Eyebright - 90 Veg Caps - £24.80
Disclaimer: All information contained on this website is for information only and should not be used to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure any disease, health or medical condition. The products (food supplements) are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure any health or medical condition. Do not exceed stated dose or use with prescribed medication unless advised by a doctor or medical practitioner. Do not take if pregnant or lactating. Keep out of reach of children. Consult doctor for all medical advice.
Vitamins, Minerals, Supplements
Weight Loss / Dieting
Other Natural Products